Welcome to BD-STEP
FY19 Cohort – October 2018
Big Data Scientist Training Enhancement Program (BD-STEP) has both fellows (those paid by the VHA Office of Academic Affiliations) and trainees (those in Without Compensation (WOC) appointments at a site).
When you begin working on your project, you will be using the VA Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) and VA Informatics and Computing Infrastructure (VINCI).
NLP programs and Linux development workspaces are able to administer their own software needs if they have the proper elevated ‘0’ account privileges from their local IT department. The proper account privileges are requested through a NMEA (Non-eMail Enabled Account) request and handled at the local IT level. This can take a significant amount of time as it requires additional security checks.
- VHA Data Portal http://vaww.vhadataportal.med.va.gov/Home.aspx
- VINCI’s Homepage http://vaww.vinci.med.va.gov/vincicentral/
- VINCI User Guides http://vaww.vinci.med.va.gov/VinciCentral/Guides/Index
- Software available on VINCI http://vaww.vinci.med.va.gov/VinciCentral/CloudComputing/Software
- Data available http://vaww.vinci.med.va.gov/VinciCentral/DataSources/Index
- DART https://dart.vha.med.va.gov/vinci_dart_client/dart9/dashboard.html
- VIReC provides a SAS program for mapping ICD-9 to ICD-10 followed CMS GEMS guide, and here is the link http://vaww.virec.research.va.gov/ICD-10/Overview.htm
- VIReC also provides tutorial along with SAS program for calculating comorbidity index, you can visit our web site at http://vaww.virec.research.va.gov/Tutorials/Overview.htm
- ICD10/ICD9 comorbidity definitions and scripts: https://www.vapulse.net/groups/icd10-comorbid-indicators