Skip to main content
The NCI Community Hub will be retiring in May 2024. For more information please visit the NCIHub Retirement Page:https://ncihub.cancer.gov/groups/ncihubshutdown/overview
close
  • Discoverability Visible
  • Join Policy Open/Anyone
  • Created 05 Jan 2016

Cancer Registries

1. Ann Chao

Hello HP,

Thank you for sharing chapter 17.  Would you have the citation for the book where Chapter 17 came from?  Looking forward to meeting you and Dr. Pumuye in Singapore and learning more about the situation in PNG.

Ann

Report abuse

2. Tulika Singh

I would like to thank you all for joining the first of many online conversations. This concludes this office hour. But feel free to post your questions any time, especially throughout today, since we are having the next office hour in 11 hours.

Have a good day to SE Asia & Pacific folks, and good night to the US people! See you again in 11 hours.

Report abuse

3. Hin Peng LEE

The chapter 17 is from an IARC monograph, but I can't remember which one.

HP

Report abuse

4. Hin Peng LEE

https://www.iarc.fr/en/publications/pdfs-online/epi/cancerepi/CancerEpi.pdf 

That's the link to the IARC monograph, which contains Chapter 17 on Cancer Registries.

Report abuse

5. Hin Peng LEE

Hi Paul,  

That's the right approach, get all the stakeholders together and make some collective decisions to get the process going. Mutual trust, respect and support are crucial for the program's success.

HP

Report abuse

6. Tulika Singh

Office hours are now open! I am online and welcome questions for the second office hour on cancer registries.

Report abuse

7. Leslie Given

Hi everyone, I'm online too and looking forward to the discussion. 

Leslie

Report abuse

8. Brenda Kostelecky

Hi Everyone, welcome to this morning's office hours. If you're having trouble seeing the discussion thread on the web page, scroll down and increase the number of comments displayed or click on page 2, 3, etc...

Report abuse

9. Hin Peng LEE

Hi All, I'm online too.

HP from Singapore

Report abuse

10. Brenda Kostelecky

Hi HP, thanks for the full link to the full IARC Monograph. Are there specific courses in cancer registry that you know of and would recommend for people?

Report abuse

11. Hin Peng LEE

Yes, there are those conducted by IARC and WHO. We will have to get that information for the group when we meet on 18th. 

HP

Report abuse

12. Leslie Given

While it is a North American organization, the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR) has a nice collection of training materials online - through this link you can get access to an Excel file with links listed, including international resources. http://www.naaccr.org/EducationandTraining/ResourcesandTrainingforCTRs.aspx

Report abuse

13. Tulika Singh

Closing the Office Hours - Thank you all for your participation. Please feel free to post questions during other times as well. Hope to see you again next week!

Report abuse

14. Hin Peng LEE

Looks like this timing is not very suitable for people in this region.

HP

Report abuse

15. Tulika Singh

Yes, perhaps we might have to try a different time or day next time. Thanks for coming HP! - Tulika

Report abuse